Event Manager: British Kebab Awards 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a national event, attended by 1,200 people including CEOs of major companies, MPs, and Lords and covered by the national press. The British Kebab Awards have been running since 2013 and its size and profile has enjoyed significant growth year on year. We are now looking for an ambitious and highly driven events manager to harness the potential of the British Kebab Awards and make 2019’s the most successful yet.
The British Kebab Awards are seeking a candidate for a 10-week contract to begin ASAP with a salary of £24,687 p.a.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a small sales team
- Managing guest list
- Oversight of the entire event from large milestone to small details
- Oversight of website and social media accounts
- Managing key external relationships with sponsors
- Coming up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Keeping track of budget
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare reports after the event
- Minimum 2 years’ events experience
- Experience managing at least one mid-sized event
- Management experience
- High level of organisation
- Ability to create and stick to deadlines
- High level of computer literacy
- Experience in PR & Comms
- Stage management experience
- Sales experience a plus
The British Kebab Awards are run by the Centre for Turkey Studies (CEFTUS) a think-tank that seeks to provide a platform in the UK for informed discussion on Turkey and its region. For the successful candidate, there may be further opportunities to get involved with CEFTUS’ other associated fundraising and profile-raising events.
Please email your CV and a short covering letter to [email protected]